Position: 3D QA Tester
QA, Testing, 3D | Remote/London
Speckle and the team:
The world of Speckle is built in 3D: Speckle is a data platform empowering designers, project managers & developers to productively engage with 3D data in multiplayer mode.
Speckle makes 3D data accessible, meaning anyone with a browser can engage with it, designers produce it within the comfort zone of their favorite software & developers can leverage Speckle’s API to build powerful automation & web applications.
The beauty of Speckle being fully open source enables entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We are a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh & learn from each other daily! Our small, yet growing team is fully distributed across the globe. We don’t have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work life balance.
About the role:
Speckle is growing fast and so is our list of Connectors, the add-ins that work inside existing analysis and authoring tools to exchange information with our web server. Given that we ship new releases constantly and the challenges posed by testing the connectors, we're looking for an experienced full-time QA tester that has is familiar with AEC (architecture, engineering, and construction) and 3D software to take over and lead all our automatic and manual testing efforts.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with our dev team
- Set up our entire testing strategy
- Ensure our product is solid and bug-free at all times 🐛
We're looking for individuals who:
- will be extremely hands-on, smart, talented, and driven.
- demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks
- understands our mission and wants to play their part.
You should apply if:
- You have experience working in Quality Assurance and Software Testing
- You have experience working with 3D modeling software such as Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, Tekla, Blender etc.
- You have experience setting up test framework from scratch
- You enjoy the unique challenges presented by a role in an early-stage company, and are happy to roll your sleeves up and stretch yourself to work on things outside your day to day in order to support the team
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
A little more info & next steps:
- The role is fully remote but preferably within a 4 hour time difference from UK time (GMT).
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well.
- 30 days PTO + office closure for Christmas Season!
- We offer stock options and a competitive salary so you can feel the reward in helping Speckle succeed!
Our interview process consists of a 30 minute video call with our TA Lead, Sarah Louise, a practical take- home assignment & 2 video calls with our Co-Founders, Matteo & Dimitrie - we promise not to ask any brain teasers or tricky questions! :)
We are conscious of & respect your time & interest in Speckle & we aim to complete our interview process within a 2-3 week period, accommodating as best we can.