Speckle and the team:
The world of Speckle is built in 3D: Speckle is a data platform empowering designers, project managers & developers to productively engage with 3D data in multiplayer mode.
Speckle makes 3D data accessible, meaning anyone with a browser can engage with it, designers produce it within the comfort zone of their favorite software & developers can leverage Speckle’s API to build powerful automation & web applications.
The beauty of Speckle being fully open source enables entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We're a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh & learn from each other daily! Our small, yet growing team is fully distributed across the globe. We don’t have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work life balance.
About the role:
As a Backend Engineer, you will be primarily in charge of looking after our backend funcationality for our Speckle Server, collaborating with our awesome engineering teams!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work in an exciting dev team at the intersection of software development and AEC
- Develop, test and deliver maintainable and scalable new backend functionality for the Speckle Server
- Deliver new components for the Speckle Server
- Talk regularly to users and community members
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users
We're looking for individuals who:
- has deep industry knowledge and impressive software development skills
- demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks
- understands our mission and wants to play their part
You should apply if:
- You've a track record of running API's in production (REST & GraphQL)
- You're experienced and passionate about optimising SQL queries and table structures.
- You've awareness of clean & scalable coding practices & principles (e.g. DRY, SOLID, Composition vs Inheritance)
- Experienced in writing automated tests and writing easily testable code
- You enjoy the unique challenges presented by a role in an early stage company, and are happy to roll your sleeves up and stretch yourself to work on things outside your day to day in order to support the team.
It would be amazing if:
- You've experience working with Auth workflows
- You've a strong understanding of Docker & Kubernetes
- Experienced with managing Postgres at scale
- You've Frontend development experience (Vue)
- You've familiarity with Python
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
A little more info & next steps:
- The role is fully remote but preferably within a 4 hour time difference from UK time (GMT).
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well.
- We offer stock options and a competitive salary so you can feel the reward in helping Speckle succeed!
Our interview process consists of a 30 minute video call with our TA Lead, Sarah Louise, a practical take- home assignment & 2 video calls with our Co-Founders, Matteo & Dimitrie - we promise not to ask any brain teasers or tricky questions! :)
We are conscious of & respect your time & interest in Speckle & we aim to complete our interview process within a 2-3 week period, accomodating as best we can.