Position: Frontend Developer/ Designer
Speckle and the team:
The world of Speckle is built in 3D: Speckle is a data platform empowering designers, project managers & developers to productively engage with 3D data in multiplayer mode.
Speckle makes 3D data accessible, meaning anyone with a browser can engage with it, designers produce it within the comfort zone of their favorite software & developers can leverage Speckle’s API to build powerful automation & web applications.
The beauty of Speckle being fully open source enables entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We're a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh & learn from each other daily! Our small, yet growing team is fully distributed across the globe. We don’t have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work life balance.
About the role:
We’re looking for a passionate individual with strong UI & UX design skills backed up by some modern web development experience to join our team as we continue to scale!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Designing & Researching: You will be designing both new features for Speckle, as well as researching, rethinking and iterating on existing functionality - from application layouts to integrations with our 3D viewer.
- Development: You will have the space to implement and test prototypes of new UI components and UX flows, create MVPs and release new delightful interactions.
- Talk regularly to users and community members
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users
We're looking for individuals who:
- has deep industry knowledge and impressive UX/UI & web development skills
- demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks
- understands our mission and wants to play their part
You should apply if:
- You've designed UIs and UX flows that are both good looking and intuitive.
- You've a strong desire to delight through accessible interactions centred around a person’s needs.
- You've experience in creating responsive designs that work equally well on devices of all sizes and capabilities.
- You've strong knowledge of design and prototyping software such as Figma, Illustrator/Adobe Suite, Affinity Suite.
- You've the ability to convert a design into a pixel-perfect & functioning frontend application using modern technologies & approaches.
It would be amazing if:
- You have demonstrable experience in designing intuitive UIs for data-heavy applications
- You are familiar with integrating 3D models within a standard 2D web application.
- You've awareness of accessible web development principles
- You've any experience with the following: automated UI test development, maintaining a design system, utility-first CSS frameworks (e.g. Tailwind), ThreeJS, TypeScript, Nuxt.js, Node.js & NPM
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
A little more info & next steps:
- The role is fully remote but preferably within a 4 hour time difference from UK time (GMT).
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well.
- 30 days PTO + office closure for Christmas Season!
- We offer stock options and a competitive salary so you can feel the reward in helping Speckle succeed!
Our interview process consists of a 30 minute video call with our TA Lead, Sarah Louise, a practical take- home assignment & 2 video calls with our Co-Founders, Matteo & Dimitrie - we promise not to ask any brain teasers or tricky questions! :)
We are conscious of & respect your time & interest in Speckle & we aim to complete our interview process within a 2-3 week period, accommodating as best we can.