Position: Head of Community Growth
Community, Growth, Marketing | Remote/London
Speckle and the team:
The world of Speckle is built in 3D: Speckle is a data platform empowering designers, project managers & developers to productively engage with 3D data in multiplayer mode.
Speckle makes 3D data accessible, meaning anyone with a browser can engage with it, designers produce it within the comfort zone of their favorite software & developers can leverage Speckle’s API to build powerful automation & web applications.
The beauty of Speckle being fully open source enables entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We're a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh & learn from each other daily! Our small, yet growing team is fully distributed across the globe. We don’t have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work life balance.
About the role:
Our lovely community is growing fast and we are looking for a Head of Community to help us spearhead all activities related to growing and engaging our user base.
As Head of Community, you will lead, coordinate, and manage our global community program, shaping community experience and infrastructure, bringing community needs and requirements into Speckle, and fostering growth and engagement. You will also help celebrate and amplify the community’s contributions, identify themes and opportunities, and promote enhancements to our product. Your experience as a superb communicator and humble facilitator will be key to your success.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with the two Founders
- Be our spokesperson, leading community engagements and events
- Have an opportunity to lay out a strategy with clear goals and hold yourself and the whole of Speckle accountable to it. This is not a merely tactical role.
- Build an exceptional Community team made of Community Managers, Developer Advocates, Product Marketing Managers, Content Creators etc
- Lead strategy for a wide range of content creation including social media, tutorials, documentation, newsletters, and all other materials required to support community engagement
- Organize events and come up with innovative ways to engage and foster our Community
- Track and measure engagement, growth and conversions as a result of community conversations
- Capture feedback from our community and ensure it’s translated into actionable items for our Product and Engineering teams
- Ensure our community is a welcoming and inclusive place that attracts and converts a multitude of individuals across every region
We're looking for individuals who:
- is extremely hands-on, smart, talented, and driven.
- demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks
- understands our mission and wants to play their part
You should apply if:
- You have at least 4+ years experience working with community (community manager, dev advocate, acquisition/growth marketing, etc) ideally at a tech company in a digital capacity, even better if Open Source
- You have a proven track record of boosting community activity and contribution
- You have experience in setting up and managing an x-functional team
- You have expertise in open source software
- You have exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and storytelling skills to express messages concisely and compellingly
- You love to test and tinker with new channels, new creative, new copy, and push the limits of how things have been done in the past
- You enjoy the unique challenges presented by a role in an early stage company, and are happy to roll your sleeves up and stretch yourself to work on things outside your day to day in order to support the team
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
A little more info & next steps:
- The role is fully remote but preferably within a 4 hour time difference from UK time.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well.
- 30 days PTO + office closure for Christmas Season!
- We offer stock options and a competitive salary so you can feel the reward in helping Speckle succeed!
Our interview process consists of a 30 minute video call with our TA Lead, Sarah Louise, a practical take- home assignment & 2 video calls with our Co-Founders, Matteo & Dimitrie - we promise not to ask any brain teasers or tricky questions! :)
We are conscious of & respect your time & interest in Speckle & we aim to complete our interview process within a 2-3 week period, accommodating as best we can.