Position: User/Dev Advocate
User, Dev, Advocacy, Community | Remote/London
Speckle and the team:
The world of Speckle is built in 3D: Speckle is a data platform empowering designers, project managers & developers to productively engage with 3D data in multiplayer mode.
Speckle makes 3D data accessible, meaning anyone with a browser can engage with it, designers produce it within the comfort zone of their favorite software & developers can leverage Speckle’s API to build powerful automation & web applications.
The beauty of Speckle being fully open source enables entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We're a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh & learn from each other daily! Our small, yet growing team is fully distributed across the globe. We don’t have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work life balance.
About the role:
We are looking to welcome a passionate User and Developer Advocate to join our collaborative & innovative Community team to help us engage and grow our user base.
As a User/Dev Advocate, your primary role will be to up-level user, developer and business-focused storytelling around the products and services we offer through content, code, and community engagement. You will be responsible for leading initiatives that contribute to all stages in a user or developer's journey through rich storytelling and content for our platform and personally driving growth for key products (interoperability, collaboration, dev platform etc).
You will help users and developers in interactive, hands-on, in-person, and virtual environments, share knowledge through webinars, talks, educational programs, foster new connections and inspire ideas through live events and code. You will relay feedback from the community directly to the product team, which will inform our product and engineering roadmap and ultimately benefit customers. The ideal candidate is an educator, able to lead initiatives with a focus on data, enthusiastic about free and open-source software, and have an intimate understanding of the industries Speckle operates in and a large capacity to empathize with their unique challenges and opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Support product launches and represent Speckle to the greater community through online engagement, online content, and code contributions.
- Leverage your breadth of technical knowledge to prepare and deliver talks/workshops/webinars to developer communities around the world, while continuously developing yourself as a person and a professional.
- Collaborate directly with other internal teams to share feedback and shape how we design, build, and market products.
- Use your unique personality and authentic content to help attract people to Speckle, keeping them engaged and inspired to Build.
We're looking for individuals who:
- are extremely hands-on, smart, talented, and driven.
- are passionate & user centered
- demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks
- understand our mission and wants to play their part
You should apply if:
- You have proven experience delivering high-quality code, content, and/or community engagements that have increased access and education for software products
- You're a highly motivated self-starter, always looking for the next thing to which you’d like to devote your heart and mind. You can own and drive initiatives with minimal guidance and direction, but know yourself well enough to ask for help when appropriate.
- You possess the ability to convey your technical credibility while remaining humble.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a knack for breaking down complicated concepts into digestible, approachable explanations.
- You have experience working with Speckle and the software supported by our platform. Particularly experienced with the AEC and 3D software space, open source tools, and willingness to learn new and emerging technologies.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
A little more info & next steps:
- The role is fully remote but preferably within a 4 hour time difference from UK time.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well.
- 30 days PTO + office closure for Christmas Season!
- We offer stock options and a competitive salary so you can feel the reward in helping Speckle succeed!
Our interview process consists of a 30 minute video call with our TA Lead, Sarah Louise, a practical take- home assignment & 2 video calls with our Co-Founders, Matteo & Dimitrie - we promise not to ask any brain teasers or tricky questions! :)
We are conscious of & respect your time & interest in Speckle & we aim to complete our interview process within a 2-3 week period, accommodating as best we can.