Speckle and the team:
The world of Speckle is built in 3D: Speckle is a data platform empowering designers, project managers & developers to productively engage with 3D data in multiplayer mode.
Speckle makes 3D data accessible, meaning anyone with a browser can engage with it, designers produce it within the comfort zone of their favorite software & developers can leverage Speckle’s API to build powerful automation & web applications.
The beauty of Speckle being fully open source enables entire organizations to rely on Speckle as the base for their digital workflows. Speckle is fully extensible & customizable, vendor agnostic & can meet stringent data residency requirements.
We're a diverse, hardworking & collaborative team that never fails to have a laugh & learn from each other daily! Our small, yet growing team is fully distributed across the globe. We don’t have a physical office or fixed working hours, promoting a healthy work life balance.
About the role:
We are looking to welcome a passionate UX/UI Designer to join our collaborative & innovative team to create visually delightful & easy-to-use digital interfaces for 3D data that span frontend and desktop applications.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will create and implement designs by understanding business requirements & user feedback, create user flows, wireframes, prototypes & mockups, identifying and troubleshooting UX problems such as responsiveness & much more.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with Speckle's two Founders & product team
- Translate requirements into style guides, design systems/patterns & attractive user interfaces that span desktop and web applications
- Design UI elements such as input controls, navigational components and informational components
- Collaborating effectively with Product & Engineering Teams
- Incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design in order to enhance user experience
We're looking for individuals who:
- is extremely hands-on, smart, talented, and driven.
- is passionate & user centered
- demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, wanting to tackle all sorts of tasks
- understands our mission and wants to play their part
You should apply if:
- You have prior experience as a UI/UX Designer, ideally at a startup, even better if open source
- You have a portfolio of related projects demonstrating a clear passion for pixel perfection and delightful interactions
- You are proficient in frameworking and prototyping tools, such as Figma
- You are experienced in implementing design systems with tools such as Storybook
- You've wrangled with CSS frameworks, such as Tailwind, and are unafraid of Vue and frontend development
- You have strong communication skills & can clearly articulate your ideas, designs and suggestions
- You are a strong team player who can collaborate effectively within a distributed team.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
A little more info & next steps:
- The role is fully remote but preferably within a 4 hour time difference from UK time.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well.
- 30 days PTO + office closure for Christmas Season!
- We offer stock options and a competitive salary so you can feel the reward in helping Speckle succeed!
Our interview process consists of a 30 minute video call with our TA Lead, Sarah Louise, a practical take- home assignment & 2 video calls with our Co-Founders, Matteo & Dimitrie - we promise not to ask any brain teasers or tricky questions! :)
We are conscious of & respect your time & interest in Speckle & we aim to complete our interview process within a 2-3 week period, accommodating as best we can.