Speckle is an open source data platform for AEC. It provides a method of liberating data from one platform to another in a quick, manageable, and efficient way. With Speckle, you can:
- Connect to various platforms to extract and provide the design data you need
- Manage who has access to your data through link sharing, permission, and project organizations
- Coordinate and collaborate with others by streaming project data between people
- Extend the platform to create custom third party applications and workflows that works for you
What makes Speckle different?
You may have heard about other data platforms which promises similar things to Speckle. However, Speckle is unique in a number of ways:
- As an open source project, Speckle is not tied to any one organization and will always be hackable towards the way you choose to use the platform.
- Speckle lives in the cloud. This allows for data transfer not only from one software to another in a local machine, but also across networks and various web platforms.
- The data which is sent through Speckle is fully in the user's control. Rather than having one centralised server, allows you to choose what happens with your data.