To install the Blender connector, it is assumed you have:
1. Speckle Account (you can get one for free🎉 at speckle.xyz (opens new window))
2. Manager for Speckle (download it from **here (opens new window)**and add your Speckle account.)
Once Manager is installed and your account set, you can continue with the installation.
Installing Blender Connector
- Open Manager for Speckle and click on the "Connectors" tab.
- You should see a list of available connectors. Scroll down until you find the "Blender" connector or use the Search Bar to find it.
- Click the "Install" button next to it.
That's it! Now open Blender and let’s activate the connector:
- Open "Blender" and go to Edit > Preferences.
- Go to the "Addons" category.
- Search for Speckle and check the checkbox next to it.
Now you are ready to use Blender connector.
Installing an Earlier Version
If you want to install an earlier version of the Blender, you can easily find it in the Manager.
- Inside the Blender connector page, switch to the "Versions" tab.
- Here, all stable version released will be listed.
- Click on the "Install" button next to the version you wished to install.
That’s it! Now you have installed an earlier version of the connector.
If you want to stay on the cutting edge of the Blender connector, then you can install pre-releases of it.
::: tip Warning
Please keep in mind that these early versions are not intended for production work and may have some untested features.
To install pre-releases for the Revit connector, follow these steps:
- Inside the "Blender connector" page, switch to the “Versions” tab.
- Toggle on the "Show Pre-releases" option at the top.
- From this list, select the version you wish to install.
- Click on the “Install” button next to it.