If you're already familiar with the magic of Speckle, you know it's a game-changer for collaboration in design and architecture. We recently received lots of Mac user requests, asking for SketchUp to be available on Mac, and so here it is.
Watch This Video Tutorial
Installing SketchUp Connector for Mac
To install the SketchUp connector, here's what you need to have:
- Your Speckle Account. You can get one for free🎉 at speckle.xyz.
- Manager for Speckle. You can download it from here and add your Speckle account.
- If you are using a Mac with an Apple Silicon chip, you need to install Rosetta before installing the SketchUp connector.
Once Manager is installed and your account is set, you can continue with the installation by following these steps:
- Open Manager for Speckle and click on the "Connectors" tab.
- You should see a list of available connectors. Scroll down until you find the "SketchUp" connector, or use the search bar to find it.
- Click the "Install" button next to it.
That's it! You're all set to use the Speckle connector for Sketchup.
As we continue to expand Speckle’s capabilities, we encourage our users to explore the SketchUp Connector on Mac. Please report any bugs or suggestions on our Community Forum.